Friday, November 9, 2007

Why Should I Write a Blog?


In order to discover the answer to the above question I asked myself the following:

1. Do you have insight to pass along to the world of blog readers?
2. Do you have extra time that you don't know what to do with?
3. Do you have beautiful and clever children whose antics should be shared with the world?
4. Are your writing talents so exceptional that they must be enjoyed by all?
5. Are you a world traveler who can share an abundance of information from around the world?
6. Are you more knowledgable than most in at least one subject?
7. Are you in dire need of some form of therapy but cannot afford it? So you hope that writing this blog may lead to self-discovery and an eventual return to sanity?

Of course number 7 is the only question to which I could give a resounding "yes" (although my children are beautiful, and if not always clever, then most of the time at least funny). So perhaps this will turn into something used exclusively for myself in an effort to reason out the root of my problems and pin down the sources of my happiness. Maybe then I can have more of the happiness part and less of those pesky problems. Or I can at least deal with them better. Are my expectations more than a little high for this effort? Probably. Could be that I'm setting myself up for more of that disappointment I've become so accustomed to.

Now before I really get off on the wrong foot and peg myself as a completely negative person, let's get to some of that happiness I was talking about. My kids, of course, are where I get most of that. And today I would like to talk about the happiness that is called "Ryder." He is 14 months old and it makes me happy just to think of him. He is mastering walking at the moment as the bruises all over him (mostly on his head) can attest to. He loves other kids and throwing things. I know he will have a rude awakening when I one day flip out and tell him to "stop throwing things for heaven's sake," when right now I just think it is funny. He is starting to assert himself a little more and is fighting back when someone (a sibling or a cousin) is bugging him. Again--pretty funny. That may change someday soon when he bloodies some kid's nose. But for now, pretty much everything he does is cute (aside from those nasty diapers that make me want to run for the hills). And as much as I love him, ahhhhh, those glorious naps and that early bedtime!

7 comments:

j said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Linda said...

Hey Jenn, looks great!

Love you,

Mom

Natalie said...

I love your blog! I am so glad you have one. Now I need to jump on the bandwagon. Please keep posting!

Eric the husband said...

Jenn, this is great idea. Your first post was excellent and I'm looking forward to hearing more about your life here on these pages! Best of luck to you in this endeavor. Love you!

Eric the husband said...

Oh, two quick things:

1) It would be nice if you could have the name of the blog somewhere up on top of the page.

2) Can I suggest another good blog to add to your list?

http://www.timesandseasons.org/

Eliza said...

Jenn,
I am so happy you have joined the land of the bloggers. I am going to add you to my page and eagerly await your next segment.
Happy Blogging!!!

seana said...

And also, I like you. Blogging is good therapy. Your kids are cute. Lets play again soon.