Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Coming to a Costco Near You....

I just wanted to let you know that I bought a Martha Stewart Ham today. That's right! Martha Stewart sells a ham. I'm not sure how involved she is in the actual rearing of the pig itself, but I like to picture her collecting and dispensing the slop that my pig ate before it was slaughtered, packaged and sent to stores everywhere.

The blame goes to those darned Costco sample ladies. They sucked me in by smell alone. I didn't even get an actual sample (there were eight apparently hungry men pulling samples out of her hand before she could put them on the tray). But I needed a ham. And it smelled so good. And it actually comes in a cute little cloth cover. It almost looks gift wrapped.

Yes. Today I bought a Martha Stewart Ham. And if you want, you can too.
UPDATE: I just saw Martha on the Today show talking about holiday food and not one mention of her ham. Hmmmm.

9 comments:

Aivaz Family said...

You are awesome. I look forward to your updates all the time. And also, in reference to the nose assault, tell Sage that I am almost 26 years old and I have still been known to suck up the drapes. Quite frequently, actually.

Natalie said...

I can't wait to eat some of that ham with my eggs benedict.

mom said...

oh man jenn! you are hilarious! thanks for making me laugh each day!
love ya,

mom

Becky said...

You are cute. I hope you don't feel like you have to buy everything that you sample at Costco, but a Martha Stewart Ham...I might have been sucked into that.

Jessica said...

We don't have Costco here in Backwoods, Georgia so I will be dreaming about that Martha Stewart ham until we move back west. I settle for a good ol' Smithfield ham, not that it matters- I smother so much brown sugar into the ham that you can hardly taste the actual ham anyway. You are funny and I like you.

Eric the Husband said...

When I saw that thing in the fridge I wanted to tie it to the end of a stick, sling over my shoulder, and head to the nearest train switch yard to share it with my hobo buddies...Since the oven took a dive, maybe we could cook it over the fire pit thing in the backyard? Mmmm, make all the neighbors jealous.

Hacking it up said...

Who would have thunk?...Martha and Ham? I'm sure she raised each pig herself, and then she chopped their feet off and pickled them, and then she made a nice table centerpiece with the head...it probably has flowers coming out of its nose, and ears and an apple from her own vineyard shoved in its mouth, wearing a crown of holly branches from her greenhouse out back.

Chris and Karen said...

you have the best blog and best comments ever. I love reading and learning from all your "fun" life lessons.

Eliza said...

I am sure that Martha Stewart is involved each step of the way in bringing a cute little pig to your local Costco. I don't eat swine myself, but if I did...well there is really no reason to play that game.