Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Early Christmas to Us


You may know (see "Tree Trimming" below) that we have a very unique advent calendar. We have a sock for each day and every day there is a small prize for one of the four kids. This leaves us with the 25th day on which we get a family gift. This year the family gift day came on the 22nd. Let me explain...
Savannah made Guitar Hero addicts of us last year when she got it for Christmas. We have a lot of fun as a family competing against one another. We also have Sing Star and Karaoke Revolution. We have a blast with these as well (except Savannah. She mostly refuses to sing even though she has a very nice voice. She pours her concentration into Guitar Hero and it shows. She really kicks butt!). Well, combine those two activities and add a set of drums and you have Rock Band. And now we have a new addiction.Several months ago Savannah put some money down to reserve her copy of Rock Band. It came out a few days ago (a little earlier than expected) and Savannah had to pick it up on Saturday or they would sell it to someone else. Being the Christmas season, she wasn't able to scrape together near enough money to pay for it so I came up with the idea that this could serve as our family gift. This really benefits us all because if Savannah had paid for it completely with her own money she would assume that it is her right to rule the "band." But now it belongs to us all (I guess she has a few more shares than the rest of us in light of her contribution). There are sure to be many good times ahead.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

That is something I would like to see - Jenn Elison playing Guitar Hero. Merry Christmas- have fun rocking out together!

Jenn Elison said...

Hey Jessica, I am really good at guitar hero! I can rock on medium. That's right! Medium. One day I will work my way up to Hard. Merry Christmas!

Jenn Elison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hacking it up said...

Rock on Elisons!!I hear that guitar hero is a fun thing...I don't think I'm ready for it yet...High school musical on the wii is enough for me right now...sheesh! Looks like you guys have a lot of fun!!

Becky said...

I think it's time to have a family home evening at the Elison's so we can witness Rock Band in person!