Friday, December 7, 2007

Tree Trimming



There is nothing like decorating the house and tree to put you in the holiday spirit. And in our house this actually takes a few days and an overflow of aggravation until the last ornament is put on the tree and the boxes are finally moved back out to the garage. Each of the kids have special ornaments that they collect so I have included a few pictures. I should have taken the picture of the whole tree sooner--before it began getting trashed and we had to continually move the ornaments from the bottom higher and higher (thank you, Ryder).




These are some of the ornaments that Savannah collects. They were scattered all over so I couldn't get one good picture of them all.



These are most of Sage's Madam Alexander ornaments.



Haven's Fairies

Ryder's first Christmas ornament.


I guess these are sort of mine, I don't really collect anything. These are the Winnie the Pooh books. I couldn't even get them all in the picture-there are a lot!

For Eric from A Christmas Story. A Christmas classic for us.

The stockings are for a tradition that we started last year (the idea came from Family Fun). It is our own homemade advent calendar with perks (for the kids). Each sock represents December 1-25. And each day there is a small gift for one of the kids in that day's sock. The socks are open until that day passes and we close them when the child takes their gift out. It is a fun way to count down. On the 25th there is a gift for the whole family.

Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

That stocking idea is so cute!!! I love it. Your tree is also very cute.

natalie said...

Your tree is my favorite!!

natalie said...

I also just wanted to say thank you for having so much "patients" with me.

Becky said...

I love your socks idea. I wish I had heard of it before my kids were all grown. I hate The Christmas Story. It is the most annoying Christmas movie ever. (No offense intended)

Hacking it up said...

Pretty tree! And I am loving the advent idea...CUTE socks!I'm laughing at having to move ornaments up the tree so the baby won't get them!...I think this year is really the first year that I haven't had to worry about that...even last year at age 3 Wyatt still liked to re-arrange them!