Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Favorite (and not so favorite) thing


The Body Shop sells my very favorite lotion. Body Butter, actually. I have this on the brain right now because I am all out and that is a sad thing for me. I cake this stuff on my dry, flaky skin every day. I usually buy this in bulk when it is on sale because it is a little pricey ($20.00 for 6.9 ounces). But then it is suddenly gone. I was at the mall the other day and, feeling desperate, was willing to pay full price. HOWEVER, the very young and very rude clerk on duty that day blew it for me. I know they are not paid a commission or anything (are they?), but I was not willing to plunk my money down for someone so rude (in short she was very condescending and argumentative and she was snotty towards my son and my nephew). I guess I have two themes going on today: 1) I love The Body Shop Mango Body Butter; and 2) Why do people have to be rude? Let's just all have soft skin and be nice to one another!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

That lady was such a bi#*h!! I am sorry but that is the only word I can think of to describe her. We have not had very many pleasant mall experiences lately. What is happening?

Hacking it up said...

Amen sista!--there's no need for rudeness! Bath and body works has some very nice body butter too!...maybe it's time to change loyalties! :)

P.S. I hate the mall

Aivaz Family said...

Here's one: I went to the quick care(whick I hate, but i was dying)and those fond desk ladies were awful. Just awful. Snapped at everyone, brushing their hair, CLIPPING COUPONS(not kidding), took their sweet time...
And also, I still waited 2 1/2 hours to be seen. I hate the quick care and the rude people within it.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you had such a bad experience at the mall! Maybe next time you should ask to speak to the manager and report the rude lady!
love ya,

mom

Eliza said...

Nat told me this story and it is crap. ou should write to their corporate office. This rude biotch should not be allowed to ruin beautiful soft skin for people. it is just wrong.

Becky said...

I for one am on the side of the bi#*h's. Is that how Natalie spelled it? Actually I'm not but I just wanted to write that word. I'm sorry for you and your skin.