Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Top 10 Reasons for Taking a Quick Vacation--Without Kids


10 - Eating a hot meal (having to cool down my own dinner instead of eating it cold after cooling down little people dinners)
9 - Someone else makes the bed and cleans the bathroom

8 - Watching whatever I want (food network) on t.v. (I should qualify this to say that it was only accurate when Eric wasn't in the room--otherwise the remote was glued to his hand)

7 - Undisturbed ocean views

6 - Yummy meals I didn't have to cook

5 - Being able to read pages--even chapters--of a book in a row

4 - No laundry

3 - Having conversations with my husband and other adults

2 - Knowing my children were in good, capable hands (thanks Natalie and MRK!)

1 - Two words: room service

We did have a great time on our little excursion to San Diego. But I should mention just a few negatives: I had to spend a chunk of time picking out junk to bring back to our kids, there was a huge delay coming home and we sat in the San Diego airport for hours (this also resulted in me having to call a member of the primary presidency to say I couldn't teach my class--I hate that!), and, of course, I couldn't wait to get home and see those four stinkers I was so excited to take a break from!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a fun time!!! You deserve it. I wish I could see your little stinkers! I miss you guys.

Grandma Easley

Natalie said...

I'm glad you had a good time. Thanks for trusting me to watch your kids. We had a blast!!

Aivaz Family said...

I even had a blast with your little stinkers painting pottery. They are funny. I am glad you had a good time. We should hang out agian soon.

Hacking it up said...

AAhhhh! How nice to take a break! It sounds like you had a good one! Glad you had fun! Glad you're back!! :)

Becky said...

I agree totally. I can't believe I went so many years without taking a childrenless vacation.

Jessica said...

Was it your anniversary or just a fun weekend away? What makes your kids so stinky?