Thursday, February 14, 2008

I'm a Hungry Girl


Okay. So my mom just hooked me up with a very cool website called Hungry Girl. (You've got to know that just the title sucked me in because I tend to be a hungry girl myself.) I have barely scratched the surface of all the information that is packed into this site, but you should definitely check it out. Click here if you just want to see what all the fuss is about. But Lisa, Hungry Girl's creator, starts out saying, "I'm not a nutritionist. I'm just hungry." I would say that the gist is that she gives out information about healthy but yummy eating.


But I have to tell you that one of the first tidbits of information I came across actually has to do with one of my favorite places to eat: Red Robin. For better or for worse Red Robin has added an option to their website where you can customize an order and find out what kind of nutritional value (or lack thereof) your meal has. I may have to starve myself for a couple of days and go back for a final Bleu Ribbon Burger or Chicken Ceasar Wrap. On the plus side, kudos to Red Robin for this daring move and for giving you the option to change or subsitute ingredients in an effort to make your meal more healthy (or less healthy, I suppose--you can order up some extra stake fries or dump some cheese or sauce on them--and watch those calories sky-rocket alarmingly!).

I don't pretend to be the healthiest eater on the block, but I am definitely looking forward to hearing about Hungry Girl's suggestions for eating better and not starving!

3 comments:

Linda said...

I'm glad you like the site Jenn! I thought it was pretty cool. I was excited when it was sent to me by a friend.

Chris and Karen said...

Sites like this scare me. Do I really want to know how bad the stuff is I'm eating? not sure if I want to face the fact that I am getting older and exercise will no longer take care of all my "problems"

easleyfamily said...

I too, am addicted to this site!