Thursday, March 13, 2008

Attention Harry Potter Fans!


I read last night that the seventh Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, is going to be made into two movies instead of one (read more about it here). They are finding that there is just too much content that cannot be cut. So, yay! When I find a series (usually books but some movies apply) that I really love I find it depressing when they are over. As excited as I was for the final Harry Potter book, it was a little sad to know it would be over. And while I can't wait for Breaking Dawn (the final book in Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series--for those of you who don't get out much) to be released, it will be a little heartbreaking to say goodbye to Bella and Edward (no, Jacob, I'm not inadvertently leaving you out). (I have already pre-ordered my book!)

Now we have three more Harry Potter movies to look forward to. Three more mid-night showings with with my big girls and Natalie, three movies I guess I won't be seeing with one of my movie buddies Eliza (you can still change your mind about this!), and three more DVDs to look forward to purchasing. As you can tell my life isn't terribly exciting and these little things add a lot.

13 comments:

Chris and Karen said...

I was so excited to read this. I would have been really sad had they cut out anything from the last one. BUt hey they (hollywood)are proablly excited because they will make lots more money. Hey it is worth it to support a movie that is not trash.

Brooke said...

You can pre-order Breaking Dawn??!
Ahhh!!! That means it's ending!! The Edward part of my life is ending!! I will be in a semi-deep depression for about 24-48 hours after reading it, so if you want to join me in a mourning session at sonic, then cafe rio, then maybe a brief trip to Forks, in a silver Volvo, let's plan it soon. I imagine it will take me a while to convince Ry I need a Volvo.

Jenn Elison said...

Brooke-I ordered Breaking Dawn on Amazon.com. I also did this with the last Harry Potter book and it arrived on my doorstep the day the book is released. I highly recommend it. Yes, we can commiserate together. And I would love to go to Forks (so would my girls). We can take my Volvo. It's red but that's okay, right?

Jenn Elison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aivaz Family said...

I love that you left Jacob out. I hate him too. And also, count me in for the Harry Potter midnight releases, k? I love your face.

Jenn Elison said...

Seana-I have to say that you at the Harry Potter release goes without saying! Also, I really don't hate Jacob, I just want him to stay away from Bella and possibly die. Okay. Not die. But just stay away!

Jana said...

That is exciting about Harry Potter, I felt the same way about book seven, actually about most books I enjoy. I can't stop reading them, and then I am bummed when they end. I just finished "The Bartimaeus Trilogy" and I think I re-read the last chapter 3 times just so it wasn't really over! I can't believe "Twilight" is coming to a close too! I haven't read the third book yet! I need to get caught up!

Aivaz Family said...

sorry I am commenting again, but I have to say that I do hate Jacob and the fact that they cast that VERY attractive kid to play him is going to make it hard for me to hate him. Also, my favorite thing ever is when Edward calls him "mongrel". I love you.

Natalie said...

I am so there for the midnight showings. Dressed up and all. I think I will walk around and ask everyone if Harry is the father.

Eliza said...

I appreciate the invite. The weirdest thing...I have appointments those nights. They start at midnight and end roughly three hours later. I hate that I am going to miss Harry Potter, but what can you do? These midnight appointments are impossible to reschedule. I am free the night Twilight comes out though. Lucky, don't you think?

Becky said...

So... will I find out who this Jacob is so I can hate him too once the 4th book comes out and I can finally read the twilight series? I have to admit that I love the harry Potter books and movies. But I don't do midnight showings. I am a grandma you know. (Not that I was invited I noticed)

Jenn E said...

Becky--you are always invited. Sometimes even grandmas go to midnight showings.

Hacking it up said...

I too am excited for all of this exciting stuff coming up!!
I too want Jacob to die!!!
He's such a dog.

I am sad that it will be over. I'll be OK with it as long as she writes it right...and I mean a happy ending for Bella and Edward, or else, she's going to have to change her name and enter the witness protection program...