Monday, March 24, 2008

"Dye" Being the Operative Word



They call it "dyeing eggs" for a reason. I know that now. I am not sure how I overlooked that critical piece of terminology. Why must I always learn things the hard way? This is not our first time dyeing eggs so, I should have known. Was I more careful in the past? Was I just lucky? Has this happened before? I have no recollection. At least the kids had a fun time. Especially Haven. She had a blast. I was a bad mommy and didn't come home with the dye kit until after 9:00 on Saturday night. I was tempted to skip it. For Haven's sake I am glad I didn't. For the table's sake....



"Okay. So this is how you do it."







Way to go, Sage!





"This is so much fun."








"Wow!"



"Can I go to bed now? I mean, this has been fun, but..."



Note the spillage. It remains on the table--slightly faded. Thank goodness for table cloths. Next year I will be sure to protect our NEW dining room table.

9 comments:

Aivaz Family said...

Haven is so pretty. Love her little dress too. I am dying to see the Easter dress on her. Looks like fun. Your kids are so cute.

Britain said...

Our kitchen table is now different hues of otterpop drippage. I am waiting until I no longer have kids who like koolaid, otter pops, jello, markers, fingerpaints, etc...before getting a new kitchen table.

Your kids look like they had a great time. I boiled but didn't dye the eggs. I still may let them do that this week. What the heck.

Eliza said...

Do you have some cute kids or what? I love Haven's hair straight like that...it is so long. That looked like it was fine family fun.

Natalie said...

Very cute pictures. You are a better mom than me. I didn't even do that. I bought all the stuff for it but just didn't get around to it. Oh well. Haven's hair is so freaking cute. I love it!

Diane said...

First of all, the third picture down of Haven starry eyed at the prospect of dying the eggs is precious!
Second, hats off to you for attempting this with little ones. Third, I hate when I go into someones house and all their furniture looks perfect...and they have kids. Thanks for posting the spillage! Makes me feel better about my dining room table that has many many places with "sharpie" marker on it. When it says it's permanant, they would be correct!
What a fun family! I think your kids are so cute.

Linda said...

Cute pictures! Where are the Easter outfits? There better be one of Savannah! Hope you had a nice Easter.

CElison said...

Cute pictures!
I love dying eggs. Our eggs usually last about 2 days, and then they're all gone. We have like 4 out of the 20 left that we made.

Hacking it up said...

What a brilliant idea!!! I'm going to "dye eggs" without a tablecloth next year so I can get a new table!!!

Looks like fun!! Your kids are darling!...I just want to eat Haven and Ruder alive!!! :)

Becky said...

Ah yes, the days of dyeing eggs. So glad I'm past that. Gloat, gloat. I must say that Haven's hair DOES look much better in these pictures!