Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A New Favorite


A new store at Town Square is Fruits & Passion. Natalie, Eliza, and I went there the other night and I am in love with several of their products:


I bought the shower cream, body butter, and hand cream (for my purse) in the Monoi scent. The web site describes is as, "a ray of sunshine for your skin. Prevents the skin from drying out from the sun and wind." So, what's bad about that?

A few weeks ago Sage picked up this yummy smelling perfume there called Human. She bought the smaller size that easily fits in a purse or bag.


I am sort of starting to panic because my most favorite purchase from the other night is a Green Tea and Orchid linen spray. It is heavenly. Heavenly, I tell you! I've been spraying it on my sheets and comforter and my whole room smells like heaven itself. But the panicky part comes in when I tell you that I am not seeing it anywhere on the web site! I did buy it on sale. I hope it is not discontinuing. I may have to take another trip to town square to double check.

A funny story: The sweet lady who helped me at Fruits & Passions was probably not as socially adept as you should be if you work with the public. While she was ringing up my purchases she loaded me up with a ton of samples and freebies (thank you!), and she felt the need to explain the purpose of each sample. She came to one small bottle and began to explain how I should use it when she started to struggle. She sort of stuttered through her explanation like this: "This one here is...um...well...what you do it...um...I'm not sure how to say this...but you kind of rub it on your...uh...uh...pudgy areas? And it...um...uh...sort of tones them." I saw where she was going with this early on and I should have interrupted and put her out of her misery, but it was just too funny! And also, let me mention, it is WAY too small a bottle for all my "pudgy" areas.

11 comments:

Natalie said...

That lady was hilarious. I love Fruits and Passion. I want to go back and get more stuff. I hope they still have that linen spray. You forgot to mention that really good movie we saw after we went to Fruits and Passion. It was so wholesome and clean.

Britain said...

Funny story. I can't wait to try that store out. I love recommendations for new places so I don't waste my time. Wholesome movie, eh? Why do I get the feeling natalie is lying? If not, I am sorry for calling her a liar, I just didn't think there were any movies out right now that fit the bill for both wholesome AND clean.

Jenn E said...

Britain-We saw The Other Boleyn Girl. I knew it wasn't going to be great, but I just read the book and still wanted to see it (you were right-Monica). And it was wholesome and clean if your idea of wholesome and clean is adultery and prostitution. I did enjoy the costumes.

Chris and Karen said...

Jenn you are so funny. I can always count on you for a new place that I will try someday when the kids are not with me . . . someday

Jana said...

True, I don't see myself going till I can go either alone or with people my own height...or should I say taller than me...but I am really excited to go see what it is like!

Linda said...

I want some of that "heaven scent"! If you go again pick one up for me. You guys always have so darn much fun!

grandma kopp said...

Oh Jennifer you are so funny. I bet you was having a ball listening to her. That is funny. Where is Town Square?
I love you keep writing.

Hacking it up said...

That is a funny story!!! I doubt there would ever be enough of that product for my "pudgy" areas...I didn't know people used the word "pudgy" anymore..

Brooke said...

I heart your new store stories!! Why do I always miss the funny stuff? (I suppose that would be EVERY TIME you guys go out.) Dang it. Hey... my word verification is fugrub. That's a funny word.

Sage said...

Oh my goodness! That is my new favorite store, too. I LOVE that Human spray stuff, it smells so good. I wish we could go there again.
Hint... Mom!

Eliza said...

That was a fun trip even if we did see a lame movie. Thanks for warning us it would suck. Oh wait... Also, that girl in the store was awesome. She was so earnest about her job.