Tuesday, March 4, 2008

What Rock Have I Been Living Under?

Does everyone know about Anthropologie? It was Sage's choice of outing tonight for Family Home Evening. She chose to go to The District (where, I might add, I have been numerous times as it is home to Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Brighton, REI, Panera Bread, as well as many other fun stores). We began by eating at The District's newest eating establishment Crazy Pita. Yum! It was delicious! Seriously the best pita bread and the best hummus I have ever tasted. Everything was good. (Thanks, Shauna, for the recommendation!) Afterwards Eric and Haven headed for REI while Ryder and I made a b-line for Williams-Sonoma. The older girls wanted to go to Anthropologie. Oh, I thought, isn't that a clothing store? Well, yes, it is. But it is so so much more! Take a gander:


My bedroom is in serious need of an overhaul! The problem is how to choose?


Okay, so these totally clash with my house. But...



I really am buying the orange bowls. For real.


Love the chair pad and the dish towel. I'm not really into coasters but maybe I should be.


I don't really wear aprons but I think I'll start. And can't you just picture Haven in that cute kid apron?



Their frame selection is incredible. So many colors and textures.




Very cute letters in many different styles (some on sale). Love the vase but I especially love the kid wall art (made by Oopsy Daisy)


Mouse pad, journal, note cards.




I really want that purse. And the earrings. And the necklace. And...

This candle was burning while we were in the store and it smelled like heaven itself.

I guess we can all be grateful that Ryder needed a sudden and serious diaper change and I had to book it out of there (and by "we" I mean Eric). I was prevented (for now) from doing some serious damage in the way of buying things I don't really need but that are really really cool. I will try to practice some restraint, but now that I know it is there, how can I stay permanently away from the amazing store that is Anthropologie? I know. I can't.

9 comments:

Chris and Karen said...

I love the orange bowl. of course I love almost anything orange. I also had never heard of this store. and it would be better for me to stay out.

Jana said...

Wow you should do their advertising! It is giong to take some serious self control not to enter that store! I don't know if I am strong enough!

Eliza said...

I really like that store, but you neglected to mention the outrageous prices. It isn't unusual to see dresses or shirts that will run you about $100. While I appreciate originality, I appreciate it more when they aren't ripping me off.

Jenn Elison said...

Eliza--you are correct. The prices are insane. I didn't even look at the clothing at all. But some of the prices aren't too bad. For instance, the orange bowls I plan to purchase are $24.00 for a set of six. That is not bad at all. Cheaper than target. But the earring I like, for instance, are $88.00. And the purse is $178.00 (sadly I won't be owning either of these).

MRK said...

I think you should buy the apron for Haven. You need to teach her at a good young age how to be a good housewife and make dinner and clean for her husband! An apron is a good start.

Zachariah Parry said...

The best hummus ever - that's really something. You must know a lot of different hummus.

I know this has nothing to do with your post, but I get goodreads updates from you everyday. Growing up, I thought I read more than any other human being. Then my mom took up daily read-a-thons. I think you have her licked, though.

There is no time I crave a good read more than when I spend four hours per day reading legal text and I get an email from you with a big list of books.

Until recently, a big part of the reason I haven't sat down to read a book is because I have become a book snob and don't want to waste my time on a dumb book. But with your reviews, Amber takes some direction (like with Atlas Shrugged, which she loved) and then I have two witnesses. So now I have a couple of books I know will be good waiting for me to tear myself away from law school.

Hacking it up said...

I love Anthropology!!!...but they have some pricey stuff!...still, it's sure fun to look at! :)

I love those bowls!...and everything else there...

Becky said...

What's $178 when you really like the purse?

Aivaz Family said...

I freaking love your blog. Just so you know.