Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Haven's Hair

Haven hates to have her hair combed. It is a battle I dread daily (her curly hair and its accompanying snarls do not help matters). I often put it off as long as I can on any given day and have been known to grant her "non-brushing days" (this consists of me putting it in a scrunchy pony-tail with no combing at all--knowing full well that tomorrow's snarls will be twice as bad). It isn't that she complains or whimpers a little when I--very gently--brush her hair, she screams as if I've pulled off her right arm or punched her in the gut. I'm surprised that Child Protective Services has never shown up on my doorstep. Surely some concerned neighbor has heard her wailing. But call the ordeal a make-over and throw in a manicure (carried out by anyone but me) and she is a happy camper. Here is the most recent fun thanks to Sage:


If I had been her stylist there is no way she would have been smiling in the end.

Yes. She even stood still long enough for Sage to straighten her hair.




Apparently Ryder begged to have his nails done as well. We removed it soon after because the color just didn't match his outfit or his shoes.

If I could I would have Sage do Haven's hair every day.

15 comments:

Hacking it up said...

Lauren STILL bawls over her hair!...I don't even touch it anymore!!! Haven is such a cutie! Sage did a great job on her hair and nails!!!...and I think Ryder's nails look lovely...

Brooke said...

Oh my gosh she looks so cute!! Gotta love the hair battle. So why can't you have Sage do Havens hair everyday?? Didn't we have kids solely to be our slaves?

Natalie said...

Haven looks so cute! I will do her hair for you. She never makes a peep when I do it. Why do kids feel they have to act a certain way around their mom? I don't get it. The nail polish on Ryder is hilarious. I love it.

grandma kopp said...

How cute Haven looks. You can solve the problem alot if you would cut it. Ha!Ha! I am sure you won't do that. She would look so cute though. I love the red nails especially on Ryder. I bet Eric doesn't like that. Cute kids that I love so much.
Love you!

Aivaz Family said...

If I painted my sons nails, Jason would kill me. I think it was great for his skin tone, though. I love your face and I want to see it more.

grandma kopp said...

How cute! I especially like Ryder's pretty fingernails! Haven doesn't cry when I comb her hair!

Ynaffit said...

Shes sooo sweet. I love it. And Addie just started to complain about her hair hurting when I comb it. She's nearly 9! I call BS on this one, especially since she never complained before.... :).

You're a riot!

Sarah Goodsell said...

She is such a beautiful girl I love her eyelashes! Great job Sage and love the nail polish on Ryder I think Trev would kill me if I did that to Jaxson. I guess it's good he has no sisters!

Diane said...

So dang adorable. What a sweet older sister to take the time to do that for her. Ryder's color just isn't working for me dawg.

CElison said...

HEHE

Jana said...

Oh! How cute! I have been known to resort to using the TV to get hair done, and we don't have the curls to deal with! Love the Nails, and yes, they just didn't go with the whole ensamble.

Linda said...

the second comment from grandma kopp was really from me (your mom)i wrote that on her computer! i was wondering why she wrote twice!

easleyfamily said...

The same thing happens at our house with Megs curls...I dread doing her hair every single day! Havens hair looks so cute.

Becky said...

I tried to teach Jessica how to swim in a Mommy and Me class and she wouldn't do anything until the teacher tried to get her to do it. So i understand completely! I say just shave their heads until they can do it themselves. You've never seen pictures of my girls as children have you?

Jessica said...

Thanks for throwing me under the bus, Mom! My mom (becky- yes the becky who commented before me) used to curl my bangs and fluff them (yes I was an 80's child) and I remember her burning my forehead with the curling iron. I also remember my mom having to untangle Eliza's hair for what seemed like hours- not fun. Your kids are so cute! I have attempted to paint Brody's nails because he wants to have pretty nails "just like mom" but Adam has put a stop to that every time.