Monday, April 21, 2008

The Mall Can be a Scary Place

I don't pretend to be the most stylish mom on the block. The older I get and the more kids I have results in me dressing for comfort. (I dare say I am a little more up on what looks good on kids--since that is all I buy these days). So you'll have to pardon me if my "in-style" monitor is generally on the fritz. But will somebody please reassure me that I won't see these on the feet of ANYBODY!I know that there are scarier shoes in the world, but I just wonder how these ended up in a prominent spot in Macy's shoe department. If these are in I will choose to stay out.

Don't get me wrong, I love shoes! But I can't do heals. I can usually handle the chunky heals, but even these are dangerous for me from time to time (note: time to time = yesterday when I fell on my face in my garage in a pair of chunky healed sandals injuring my ankle, my knee, and my pride).

If you have these shoes or wish you could have them, I suppose I apologize. I really have no right to criticize. They would have a heyday with me as a guest on one of these fashion critique shows. Although last Saturday Haven turned to me and said, "I like your style, mom." Which basically means that she is in trouble fashion-wise if I don't get her some help.

10 comments:

Chris and Karen said...

I agree with you on the shoes. I have very little fashion sense. another shoe style I do not understand is the boots with heals that stop just above the ankle. I've seen photos with famous people wearing these with shorts dresses etc. I do not think they look so good. But hey what do I know right.

Natalie said...

I just bought those shoes last week. I guess I don't have to worry about you wanting to borrow them all the time.

Aivaz Family said...

I have no words. Those shoes have left me numb. Paralyzed, even.

Diane said...

I totally dress for comfort and am so happy this season for the more "blousy", empire shirt look. My figure appreciates the non-clingy look!
As for these shoes you have here...lovely. I know heels are supposed to make your legs look thinner, but I gave up sacrificing foot pain for fashion in high school.

Brooke said...

I wish I could have those shoes. Okay, no I don't. I just wish my feet would fit into those shoes. Okay, no I don't.

Jessica said...

Natalie- can I borrow them?

Jana said...

Coming from a person who falls when in 1" heels, you couldn't pay me enough! too funny!

Linda said...

Jenn, you hurt your ankle again?!!! Haven is so cute, you do have great style! I agree with you though, those shoes are hideous! Sorry Natalie if you bought them, I hope they look better on you than Jenn's picture!(I know you would never wear anything like that!)

CElison said...

What the shoeness is that!?

Hacking it up said...

Hmmmm....dang.

Yep them are some butt-ugly shoes...

I love in flip flops mostly....I have a pair in every color...Old Navy rocks!