Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My Latest Disorder

Yes. I am self-diagnosing again. Only because I sometimes have to believe there is some method to my madness. This particular disorder has been going on--pretty much--since the conception of my blog. I have named it Multiple Blog Personality Disorder. If you can think of a better name, feel free to let me know. Here are the symptoms:

- Eventual dissatisfaction, overall, with the appearance of my blog

- My inability to create my own look due to my lack of HTML knowledge and more generally the absence of creativity in my personality (this one may sound a little vague but only because I really have no idea what I am talking about--you ladies out there with your beautiful self-created blogs--my hat is off to you)

- Access to one of the cutest web sites, cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com that allows me to change the entire look of my current blog to whatever strikes my fancy in about 15 seconds--without losing any information, I might add

I have put some further thought into the reason that I get so tired of looking at the same page day after day. I mean, when I initially pick a random background I am very excited and pleased with the new look (I've even been known to revert back to an old look). But I gradually begin to tire of it until tiredness turns to dread and I know it's time for a change. I also think that this is partly due to the fact that, because of the layout of my house, I am unable to switch things up. My mom was always moving furniture around and I would often come home to a whole new setup. I can't do that. As far as my house goes I am pretty well stuck. So maybe my blog background changes are my way of altering my some of my surroundings a bit. And since cutestblogontheblog.blogspot.com just added bunches of really cute new backgrounds a few days ago, I am ultra tempted. In fact I've been through two different backgrounds in the past two days. I need to pace myself. Here is a sampling (there are many more where these came from and they are FREE):







And really. Aren't there worse things I could change on a frequent basis? You don't see me trying to bring new guys home (I don't even think about that, Eric) or trying to switch out my kids (I may have tried this but it never really works). I'm fairly content with the same five shirts and three pairs of pants that I alternate. (I said fairly. If I had a better body to put them on I would be less than content.) So, in the whole scheme of things, Multiple Blog Personality Disorder may not be the worst problem to have. And until there is some sort of counseling program I do not intend to stop. If you find my constant changes a little dizzying, I apologize. Maybe I think your blog is boring. (I really don't, though.)

7 comments:

Linda said...

Jenn, you are so funny! I always love the looks of your blog. I have to admit there are some that you have had that I wonder if Grandma will be able to read them and see them very well! Hey and feel free to go in and change my blog page anytime you want! I have to say in the 19 years I've been married to Jim, I haven't been able to change my bedroom around (or the familyroom)and it's driving me nuts! So maybe that means I need some new furniture!
Love you!

Natalie said...

I love to look at your blog and see what background you will have next. It is fun. I would do the same but I have no idea how to change my background. I feel bad asking you to do it for me all the time.
If you find a good kid-switching operation, let me know.

Aivaz Family said...

I'm with Nat. I love to check your blog and see when it changes. And also, I will be the first to say that my blog is ultra boring.

Jessica said...

Thanks for the link. I've never heard of them before and I finally have a blog style that I like. The pyzam ones were really getting old. Your blog is one of my favorites- and not because it is cute. It is always fun reading your funny stories.

Hacking it up said...

You are such a crack up!!! You and your MBD...I too suffer from this a bit, and will be changing mine too...I think you've got it worse than me though...then again, I move my furniture around....and paint...

Becky said...

I don't think it is MBPD that you have...I think you are just plain nuts. Your blog is very entertaining AND cute.

Britain said...

OK Jenn, you've inspired me. My favorite color is pink so I just chose the standard pink blogger template and stuck with it. Well now I feel like a crazy woman. We're going yellow! At least for a week or so, or until I find my perfect pink template to try. Thanks for the link to the cute template site.