Friday, April 25, 2008

The Worst!

Okay, so I realize that my views of "the worst" in my life at this moment are not too horrible in the whole scheme of things (i.e.: war, famine, pestilence, gun-shot wounds--that's for you, Tina, etc.). I am just feeling a little (okay, a lot) negative today and hope you will allow me to vent a bit. I follow with today's list of the things that are bugging me:

1- Toys that require batteries. I am mostly referring to the duration between when you initially install the batteries until the time when they finally run out.


2- Rude drivers. Don't we all need to merge once in a while? How adversely will it truly affect our day if we pause for a few seconds to let a car--with its blinker obediently blinking--merge ahead of us. This small act of kindness can sometimes make or break a person's day.


3- Clutter. And I do mean my own. I am paralyzed with the inability to do anything with it. (Eric: Please. No comments. I already know that you know what to do with my clutter.)

4- Teenagers who can listen to, understand, and follow intricate and multiple instructions at school with impressive success, but who cannot manage to hear and follow through with one request that comes out of mom's mouth.

5- And speaking of teenagers, is it really possible that my oldest daughter is starting high school this year? It can't be. I swear that I just graduated last week.

6- Not enough time in the day. I am often depressed by the fact that I will NEVER make it through the continually increasing mountain of books I NEED to read. (Darn that family always insisting on clean clothing and three meals per day!)


7- Moms that make lunches for their big and very capable teenagers. You're making me look bad, ladies. (Perhaps this complaint should more accurately read: teenagers who complain that ALL the moms of students in their school pack lunches for their kids except for me.)


8- Little people who think that just because someone gives them a dollar (thank you, grandma!) they have to take a trip to the toy store and they ask about going incessantly. And when I say incessantly, I mean "without ceasing." Or, "nonstop." I have a feeling I know how to stop it but it unfortunately involves a trip to the toy store.


9- Missing family. Those who are gone (grandmas, grandpas, Erik) and those from whom we live far away. It's hard to miss out on the good times (and bad) and all the news.

10- Whining. Hypocritical? Yes. I realize my whine about whining is my 10th whine (at least) today. But that does not stop me from being irritated by the large amounts of complaints that come at me from little people and big people alike. I guess I'm just passing the love on.


Paying homage to number 10, I will end here. And perhaps, after venting, I can now move on with my life, try to be more positive, and possibly go on to someday post a list of "The Best."

9 comments:

Monica said...

I totally agree with you on #6. I need more hours in the day or more weekend days to accomplish my "to-do" lists. Also, according to the law in the State of Nevada, parents are only required to feed their child/children one meal per day. :-)

CElison said...

I like the "I WANT YOU TO STOP WHINING" picture!

Diane said...

Amen sister! I love this post. It is so real and all so true.
Thanks for the laugh today and always reminding me that everyone gets bothered by something!

Linda said...

Jenn, I'm so sorry you are having a bad day! I wish I was there to give you a big hug! I love you, hang in there! I wish I could tell you it will get better...

Mom

Aivaz Family said...

Seriously. Thats why my last post was titled "Boo." I have had a few of those days lately. Hang in there. And also, I love Veronica Mars. It is one of the best things that has ever happened to me. Love your guts.

Natalie said...

It is good to vent. I think we would all go crazy if we couldn't do that every now and then. I do it more now than then. I am with you on all the items discussed. Seriously, how is it that Savannah is going to high school? Not cool. Rude drivers can kiss mine and would my kids like a little cheese with their whine? Seriously, if they had some cheese with every glass of whine, I would be drowning in cheese (and whine).

Chris and Karen said...

Amen on the driving. I like the idea of doing the 10 best things. way to make me think of positives.

Bette said...

Okay, Jenn I just felt it necessary that as a mother of 4 boys, 3 of which are in school. I DO NOT PACK THERE LUNCH. And none of them are even offically teenagers yet. So don't worry. Someday you'll have a son or daughter-in-law that will thank you. Don't look for the thanks from them though. Love your blog.

Hacking it up said...

So, can I just cut and copy that to my blog? except the high school part...My daughter has one more year...yikes! and I think there's nothing wrong with these gals making their own lunches!!! It's called life skills people!.....there I go whining now, but don't you think that if you have to HEAR it all of the time, then you should be able to DO it SOME of the time?...I do, so you go right on ahead!!!