Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sing, Baby Girl, Sing!




I am very behind on recording important kid events. You know how the end of the school year is typically jam packed with recitals and concerts, etc.? This year is no exception. Haven started it off two weeks ago when she participated in her pre-school program. The theme was "Alphabet Soup." This is actually a theme they have been following throughout the school year and it turned out to be very cute.

Now, I am not inexperienced in the "school program" department (Haven, being my third child and also having taught pre-school myself for two years), so I knew I needed to know if Haven would be wearing any sort of hat during her performance in order to determine how to do her hair. This might seem a little silly to those of you who haven't had your adorable child's adorable hair squashed or otherwise destroyed by some cute performance hat. Haven told me that all the kids would wear chef's hats (Alphabet Soup--get it?). I decided to put her hair in low pig-tails in order to keep her hair out of her face and out of the way of the chef's hat (and also because Haven said, "I want two pig-tails!). Everyone happy? Not so fast! Of course the pre-school isn't going to have REAL chef's hats for all thirty children! (I should know this having taught at this very same pre-school.) They made chef's hats out of paper, including a paper band that goes around their head and which lands in the precise spot you might also find a set of pig-tails on the cutest 3-year old on the planet. Poor Haven! I think she had a good time at the program and heaven knows she was still the cutest thing ever. But how can a kid not become preoccupied with a chef's hat that has stationed itself over her eyes? Several times I motioned for her to just take it off and put it on the floor, but I'm pretty sure she couldn't see me.

Bake a Cake song.


Ryder is just kicking back enjoying the show. If only he had been like this the entire time.

video

Haven (& Bentley) sing The Duck Song.

video

Haven, sans hat, stars in The Teddy Bear Song.

Haven receiving her certificate from Miss Laura and Miss Josephine. Way to go, Haven!

15 comments:

CElison said...

Those are cute videos! Haven is such a cute girl!

Diane said...

What a cutie pie! These are the days to remember. What a cute program.

Aivaz Family said...

That was fun. I can't wait for those kinds of things. She is a doll.

Linda said...

Oh my gosh! Haven and Bentley (and Ryder) are so darn cute! I wish I could have been there for their program! I miss out on so much with you guys in Vegas....please move to Utah!!! (dream on, right?!)

Love you guys!

Chris and Karen said...

Wow is this what happens when your kids get older? Not sure if I'm excited for it or not. Haven is not shy when she is center stage. Cute videos

Wendy said...

What a cute idea and Haven is gorgeous.

Jaime Stephens said...

That is so cute!! Haven and Bentley are sooo cute! I loved there song and the pony tails still looked adorable :-)

Natalie said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Their program was adorable. Haven mastered the teddy bear song. I love it. She's the best!

easleyfamily said...

The are so darn cute!!!

Jana said...

What a cutie! Haven is DARLING!

Britain said...

Hooray for Haven!!! Way to go! Miss Marsha's puts on the best end of the year programs.

Savannah E said...

during the duck song did i hear tanner go "hi be-bee"? i love that tanner boy and haven and bentley and ryder. heck i like those kids!

Hacking it up said...

I just LOVE their cute little programs!
Haven is so adorable! I want to just squeeze her!

Becky said...

I noticed you didn't get there early enough to sit in the front row and had to film past peoples heads:) Who was the photographer of the bear song and did they doze off for a moment?

Eliza said...

So, did you let Ryder do the camera work on that teddy bear song? They were very cute.