Monday, May 5, 2008

Rogue Hair on the Loose


Of course this isn't a picture of me. My hair is much worse and I didn't want to frighten those of you out there who have delicate constitutions. I don't know what to do anymore. Bad hair days have turned into weeks and then months. My hair is going through a serious rebellious stage and if I can't regain what little control I had of it then I'm afraid I'm going to check out the bald look.

It's naturally curly and normally doesn't require much maintenance. But normal is a thing of the past. I barely remember normal. And it's not the cut or the color (I am covering up a considerable amount of gray). It just won't behave. I've tried product after product without luck. Including many things I've used in the past with success. I do straighten it occasionally and it looks okay, but we are entering the season of summer and straightened hair is out of the question for me. I admittedly sweat in 100 degree + weather and then it looks horrible. Am I doomed to live out the rest of my existence in a pony-tail or a hat? Is there some magical cure I don't know about. Is this some sort of curse that goes along with getting older?

I don't demand or expect perfection when it comes to my hair. We've battled over the years but I thought we had come to a kind of truce: It would throw me a bad hair day on occasion or change it's course and start curling in some freaky manner. But we would then settle into a fairly peaceful existence afterwards--until the next bad day. What have I done to make it behave this way and what can I do to beg forgiveness? Anyone?

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Mousse, gel and lots of hairspray does the trick. Don't be afraid to pile on the product. For the record, your hair always looks so good. I would love to be able to let my hair air-dry and look the way yours looks.

Aivaz Family said...

I am sorry. I have no advice for you. I never do my hair, so I don't even know what the tricks are these days.

Linda said...

Jenn, your hair is beautiful! I'm sorry you are having bad hair days. You can have my hair! I'd trade you in a heartbeat! It will get better, just stop being stressed!

Love you!

Mel said...

Jenn, just for the record, I love your hair! I have a little bit of natural curl, but not enough to make it cute like yours.