Friday, May 9, 2008

Spotlight: Haven


This post is dedicated to the littlest girl in my life: Haven Juliette. She is my dress-wearing, princess-loving, girly-girl who loves school, reading, coloring, playing outside, and her family. She may be 3 1/2 but she thinks she is as big as and can do whatever her teen aged sisters do. She says and does funny stuff that cracks us up on a daily basis. I know I am going to kick myself for not keeping track of her cuteness better so I'm just going to jot down a few things.


What girl wears a white dress and sandals on a hike with her dad? (The better question is probably: What parents let their 3-year old daughter wear a white dress and sandals on a hike?)


One night when Sage was putting curlers in her hair Haven wanted to get in on the glamor. Notice there really isn't any hair around the curlers although one of them had to be cut out!


She really was excited about pajama day at preschool. She just wasn't at all thrilled with the fact that I had just brushed her hair. Her recovery time after a hair-brushing is quite long and I could not get a smile out of her!

Say, "Cheese!"


We have an endless supply of Haven drawings.

One of her "not so sweet" moments.

Rushing around like a mad-woman the other night as I tried to get ready for our trip to Utah I heard Haven say something to me like, "I'm all packed up, mom!" But it wasn't until later that night that I noticed how she had "packed up."


I found these two bags chock full of stuff.

Contents: sandals (her very versatile "hiking" sandals), a plastic tomato, a white tiger, a polly pocket, some change, a brown ribbon, two shirts, one pair of pjs, and a dress.

And in this one: her camera, two pairs of dress-up shoes, a dress-up choker, a pillow, a fan, and (of course) another dress--one that doesn't fit, I might add.

There was a shocking lack of clean undies that had to be remedied. And I confess that, for all its cuteness, I did much revamping. I believe only six items made it into the final suitcase. But I appreciated her efforts.


Upon arriving in Utah at 1:00am, job one for Haven was putting her dolly in bed.

She loves hanging out in her guest bedroom at grandma's house.

A few recent funny quotes from the Havester:

me (on the way home from church): "Okay, everybody. I know that this isn't what you want to do right after church, but the house is a mess and I have some cooking to do so I need you guys to tidy-up as soon as we get home."

(general groans from the back seat)

Haven, defiantly: "No."

me: "What do you mean, 'no?'"

Haven: "Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest."

So it is.
*****

Haven: "Mom. I want to go grocering with you."

me: "Grocering?"

Haven: "Yes. Grocering."

me: "You mean you want to go the store with me next time I go grocery shopping?"

Haven: "Yes."

Makes sense to me. Let's get that baby added to the dictionary!
*****

While sitting down to breakfast as a family while on vacation in California:

Haven: "I want to be on vacation with my family forever and forever and forever."

Me too, Haven. Me too.



9 comments:

Aivaz Family said...

Jenn, she is hilarious. Keep those quotes coming.

Natalie said...

I love that Haven! She is so beautiful. You guys needs to hurry and come home. Bentley misses his Haven.

Linda said...

What a cute post! Haven is so darn cute! I can't imagine her crying when you do her hair!!! She does come up with some cute sayings.

Love you guys!

CElison said...

Haven is so cute! I think it's nice to give a post just for her.

Wendy said...

She is gorgeous! I'm so glad to be reconnected with you.

Jessica said...

I want her okay?

easleyfamily said...

she's adorable!

Bridget said...

Haven is a beauty. You are so wise to keep up on the small things that she does because those end up being such happy memories.

Hacking it up said...

She is so adorable! Thanks for sharing all those cute pics and stuff about her! I love her packing job! Wyatt does that all the time...it's so cute to see what things they deem important for a trip! :)