Saturday, May 17, 2008

Validation?


The other day we had a little friend visiting at our house. Haven appointed herself the tour guide and she walked around the house pointing out the various highlights ("this is our kitchen, this is the playroom, these are my shoes, these are my other shoes, these are my play shoes..."). When she got to the mop, which was conveniently propped up against a wall in the kitchen awaiting the next spill, she said, "This is for cleaning. It's my mom's. She does the chores around the house." My first instinct was to be offended. What does she see me as? The maid? And then I thought how amazing it is that my 3 year-old recognizes that I do stuff around the house. Thanks, Haven!

6 comments:

Linda said...

How sweet! You do take good care of your family but I'm glad they help you too.

Love ya

Jana said...

What a sweet little girl! Isn't it great to be appreciated, even if it's not in the way you would expect? Good Job looking at the bright side!

Aivaz Family said...

At least its recognized right? Now I know how my mom felt. It is a thankless job, but its what we do.

Brooke said...

She is so cute to put in her 2 cents. I mean 16 cents. Well, either case, she is adorable and I couldn't have decided what I needed at Old Navy without her. Thanks Haven.

Becky said...

Where did you get those pictures of me and Dave? I thought we hid all of those?

Jessica said...

My mom is funny! So is Haven.