Thursday, May 1, 2008

Hooray for Grandmas!


Last week Grandma Kopp came for a visit. She was actually in town with her sisters. They were staying at Sam's Town doing the Vegas thing (I'm not entirely sure but I think that entails some slots and some buffets--correct me if I'm wrong, Grandma). But we were lucky enough to have her at our house for two nights. We didn't do anything much, but it was a good time. It took the little kids about 2.5 seconds to warm up to Grandma, whom they hadn't seen for a few months. But then they wouldn't leave her alone. They were very spoiled having someone to read to them or push them on the swings at the drop of a hat. They ran her ragged but loved every minute of it. We were sad to see her go!


We love you Grandma!

I'm not sure how many books Grandma read. WAY more than they get out of mom.

Haven finally conked out while Grandma read one of her very overdue library books.

9 comments:

Aivaz Family said...

Grandmas are the best. I think its great she came to do the Vegas thing. I should do it sometime.

Linda said...

What a cute post! I love the pictures and I know that mom(grandma) loves all the kids so much! I'm glad she got to stay with you for a few days. She loved it too.

Love you

Natalie said...

Grandma is the best!! It was so nice to have her here. The kids really didn't leave her side. Our kids are so lucky to have such awesome grandmas and grandpas.

Bridget said...

What a beautiful post. Haven looks so serene all cuddled up by Grandma, who is still reading away!

Diane said...

Yeah for Grandmas's! I'm impressed that she rallys down to the strip to do some "entertainment"! How fun is she!
That picture with Haven asleep is pure heaven.

CElison said...

As we speak of grandmas, I'm staying at my house today and tomorrow (Hopefully) with my grandma because my parents decided to go on a vacation for their anniversary! YAY THEM!

grandma kopp said...

I love this blog with my little great-grand children. I just don't know what I would do if I didn't have them. It is the best being a great-grandma and grandma. I can relax better with them than I did my own children. Don't get me wrong though I did love my children so much. And still do.
Haven was so cute sleeping by me.
Love them all so very much.

Hacking it up said...

You are so lucky to still have your Grandma here! Even more lucky to spend time with her! ...I miss my Grandparents!

Love that pic with Haven asleep in the chair...that is precious!

Becky said...

That Grandma Kopp is a real swinger!