Sunday, June 15, 2008

Love That Amelia

Children of the Storm Children of the Storm by Elizabeth Peters


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
Another great read from Elizabeth Peters. Amelia Peabody Emerson is one of my most favorite characters in literature (I want to be her when I grow up). She doesn't disappoint in Children of the Storm. One of the major bonuses of this series is learning about the Egyptian culture and Egyptology. I find it especially interesting being set in the early 1900's. It is sad to think of all the unrest that has happened in Egypt since then.

This particular Amelia adventure is more of the same. But the twists and turns and mostly the characters make it well worth the effort.

If you haven't read this series I highly recommend it. They are not your typical "mystery" novels. They are smartly written and, as I stated before, are full of great information presented in a very non-boring way. But definitely start at the beginning with Crocodile on the Sandbank. (Check out Elizabeth Peter's website!)


View all my reviews.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Why can't I even get through the first book?! Maybe it's to deep for my thinking! Actually I haven't had time or the desire to read anything lately. Can't even finish "The Host".
Love you!

Jana said...

I am really excited to go look it up!!! I love your book reviews!

Natalie said...

I read the first two book and really enjoyed them. I'm not quite sure why I stopped there. I'll have to borrow some from you.

Hacking it up said...

Awesome! Always looking for a new series! Can't wait to start this one!

Wendy said...

Thanks for the book recommend. We're getting ready to go to England and Belgium so I was looking for some good books for the plane rides. I will check these out!

Anonymous said...

I can't remember if I read the first one or not. I put it on hold at the library and I'm excited to get it and get started. Thanks for the recommendation. Lori