Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A New Author--To Me

Odd Thomas (Odd Thomas Novel, Book 1) Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
I had no expectations when I began this book, it being my introduction to Koontz (I'm not sure how this is possible). I was not disappointed. In fact, I almost entirely removed my own self from the world of the living while reading it. It definitely falls into the "couldn't put it down" category, even if its premise isn't entirely original. For me it really was about the characters. I loved Odd. And Stormy. And their relationship. And the way he expressed his feelings about their relationship. And I loved all of the other lovable characters running the gamut between mostly normal to eccentric and possibly insane. It was chilling and sensitive. I think that I felt nearly every range of emotion while reading this. I'm relieved that I don't have to wait around for the next Odd book to come out!


View all my reviews.

7 comments:

Bridget said...

Good to know. Thanks for letting us know about Koontz. I have seen the name but knew nothing about the writing.

Linda said...

I loved that book too Jenn. Nayda gave me her book to read when we were in Louisiana 2 or 3 years ago. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm reading The Host right now and I have to admit it took me until about chapter 10 until I really got into it. I hope to finish it tonight or tomorrow!

easleyfamily said...

I've been a Koontz fan for a long time...I'll have to read this one. Always looking for a good book.

Hacking it up said...

I JUST bought all of Koontz' "Odd" books for Lance for Father's day!! He LOVES Dean Koontz!..I guess I'll have to give them a try too!!!

Thanks for the review!! I love your reviews!...I think it's because I trust you...except the Kite Flyer thing...still can't get over that one...I'm a happy ending kind-a-gal...I know, I suck.. :)

Brooke said...

I am totally trying this Koontz thing too. It's true, your reviews rock. Did you ever read that weird Amish series Monica reccomended?

Becky said...

I'll have to try a Koontz book (he has enough of them). I prefer female authors but there are a few male authors that I like to read.

I would love to counsel you anytime you want...as long as you only want to know which college to go to.

CElison said...

Jenn, you don't post to your blog as often as you used to. I check every minute with my new feed reader, but you never post anymore.