Tuesday, July 15, 2008

$120.00

What will $120.00 buy you?

- a new very soft and beautiful comforter/bedskirt/pillow sham set at Costco
- manicures and pedicures for two very deserving girls and their mother/sister
- a night out on the town including dinner, a movie, and a babysitter
- gas for a week and a half
- two new rugs for my living room and entry way
- a fall wardrobe for Haven (or two shirts and a pair of pants for the big girls)

OR

$120.00 will pay for a locksmith to come to your house (in well over the promised 20 minutes--but this also gave us a $15.00 discount) and unlock your very stylish 2005 Chrysler Town & Country Mini-Van because you locked BOTH sets of keys inside.

What did I learn? Well, I learned that it is not a good idea to leave my purse in the car (especially when it has two sets of keys in it). I learned that I should never assume that I know where my set of keys is unless I am looking right at it. I learned that (as Eric often tells me) the key box does have a purpose and it is a good idea to utilize it. I learned that these things NEVER happen at a good time but usually occur when you have something to do or somewhere to be. And finally, I learned--again--that I am married to a very patient man who often forgoes the opportunity to say, "I told you so," even when he deserves to.

17 comments:

CElison said...

Sounds like fun!

Linda said...

Oh no Jenn! I'm so sorry to hear this story! Need some money?

Aivaz Family said...

Oh Jenn. You and me both. I am always doing things like that. Its just a good thing I am not the primary driver of our car. There would be a whole lot more escapades.

Natalie said...

I think it has happened to all of us at some point in our lives. I think it is a great idea to not leave both sets in your purse but I think it's an even better idea to not leave your purse in your car. Just a thought. I love you and I am sorry this happened. We still had fun last night.

Mel said...

so sad! Missy and I were reading your blog together and kept saying, "oh, no. . .oh, no. . ." the entire time. I love the beginning where you listed what you could have bought instead. I do that too when I get a ticket or something - it is so frustrating. Or I just tell Michael I didn't get a ticket today so I'm going to spend the eighty bucks on something fun at Costco.

Chris and Karen said...

you can also go to craigslist and but a lot of baby clothes for that price too . . . but you might be beyond that stage. I got our car towed and had to wait 3 years to get the kitchen-aid I rightfully won (Chris will never let me live this one down)

Jaime Stephens said...

oh dang that is no fun!! Your funny and I think you should spend another $120 on something on your list... I love your moms response I think that is exactly what Joice would say...

Misty Barrett said...

Sister Eliason! I don't know if you remember me but you used to be my young women's leader back in the day! Your family looks beautiful! I hope you are all doing well!

easleyfamily said...

so much fun! what a pain, but you seem to be handling it extremely well!!

Kristen said...

You make even your bad days seem entertaining! At least you can look back on it and laugh. Maybe. Someday.

Anonymous said...

At least your little children weren't in the car and the car wasn't running and your husband isn't a police officer who tells you daily of incidents where people do these kinds of things and he has to get them out of the bind. Ask me... it could have been worse. Love you!

Jessica said...

Whoever anonymous is...I like her. She's funny. I'm sorry that you had to pay $120. My mind hardly ever does what it's supposed to do so we invested in our insurance company's quick response feature that makes it so someone can come help us for free. We had had too many keys-locked-in-the-car or i-don't-know-how-to-fix-a-flat-tire situations (I was always the one in the situations, not adam).

Karalee said...

Jenn you make me happy. I am sorry abou your keys. But thanks for being so freaking funny.

Becky said...

I just don't know what to say...you are hopeless...but in a very nice and funny way.

Britain said...

So sad and so funny at the same time. I went about a year with only one set of keys for the Pilot and prayed every day that I would not lose them or lock them in the car. Nate now has a set, hooray!

Seven Leavitt's said...

You had one of THOSE days! Sorry, that doesn't sound like fun. But your post is really cute.

Anonymous said...

I love this post. You are so realistic when you write about life and it's many kinks :)

It was so fun to see you this summer. I wish we could have spent more time visiting. Diane