Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Books Aren't Just for Reading

Book City by Haven Elison


Of course I warned the architect of "Book City" that it was not a permanent establishment. Of course the architect assured me that "Book City" would be cleaned up to my satisfaction as soon as I needed it to be. And of course the ruins of "Book City" cluttered the house while the architect weeped and wailed and gnashed her teeth and told me that it was "impossible" and "way too hard" to EVER clean up "Book City." As cute as "Book City" was and as adorable as its architect still is, I'm afraid it will remain one of those ancient cities of which they tell myths--never to find existence again.

5 comments:

Aivaz Family said...

That is so funny. I like her a great deal. I like you a great deal as well.

Brooke said...

Awww!!! So cute!! I actually think book city should stay forever!! And I really like your floors!! Wow... I may have to come check them out closer for future-when-i-actually-own-my-home rennovations. Maybe I can look at them when you invite me over for crepes!! Yup. That's it.

Becky said...

Which room is that? It looks great. And you are a really mean Mom for not letting them keep Book City.

Natalie said...

Jenn I love your floor and book city looks so fun! I can't believe you made her take it down!

(This is mom again!)

Amber said...

I came to leave a comment on how beautiful your floors are as well (and of course how cute Haven is!) and then I read Brooke's comment and now I'm thinking I'll just join in with her during your "floor appreciation crepe party". I'm looking forward to it!!!!