Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Chronicles of Prydain - Book 1

The Book of Three (The Chronicles of Prydain) The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
I did enjoy this book. My enjoyment, however, did not extend to "love." There are some intriguing characters (a big thing for me) and I plan to continue with the series. I think that my main problem is that I found myself comparing it to the very compelling Belgariad series by David Eddings. I wanted it to achieve those same heights and was disappointed about that. Taran and especially Eilonwy are promising characters with a lot of room for growth and acts of heroism. Hopefully my opinion will improve as I continue on.


View all my reviews.

2 comments:

CElison said...

Jenniffer! I'm so glad you're back in the habbit of blogging again!

Aivaz Family said...

Serioulsy. I have been having blog withdrawls.