Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy Birthday to My Big Little Sister


I have an amazing sister and it's her birthday today! I'll never forget being 10 years old and an oldest sister to three younger brothers. I was beyond thrilled to hear that I FINALLY had a sister. I was married by the time she was 10 and it seemed that, even though I loved her dearly, our lives became separate. Luckily that was not the case. She spent summers and other vacations at our house in Nevada and eventually came to live with us. She lived with us for three years before she got married and settled right here in town! I never thought we would have kids at the same time but, as luck would have it, we have two each that are about the same age. I have so many memories with her and we have so much fun together. She is so great and I don't know what I would do without her. I am "seriously so blessed" to have her in my life. Happy Birthday Natalie!

(Visit Natalie's blog to wish her happy birthday.)

7 comments:

CElison said...

Happy birthday to her!

Sarah Goodsell said...

You 2 are so close I love it! Happy Birthday Natalie!

Brooke said...

You are a nice sister. And all of your kids are really freakin cute. I gotta go, I think I smell chocolate chip cookies baking.

Becky said...

What a nice tribute to Natalie. I wish I was closer geography wise to my sisters. I have one that is a year and a half younger than me that I would have loved to live nearby. She lives in Utah now which is the closest we have lived together since college.

Natalie said...

OH, thank you so much!! You are the best sister ever! Thank you for all your kind words and for thinking of me. I am very grateful to have such a close relationship with you. You rock!

p.s. thanks again for the awesome concert. I had the best time!

Linda said...

Jenn, what a nice post to your sister! I was so happy when she was born and you would finally have a sister! You two are the best of friends and I'm thrilled you have each other. I couldn't ask for better daughters than you and Natalie. I love you both.

Britain said...

Happy Birthday to Natalie, and I love the allusion to "seriously so blessed".