Let me just go back and say that a few months ago I was more than a little irritated with the new little cap that had to be peeled off the milk jugs. They never came off easily and I usually ended up stabbing through it to get to the milk. So when I saw the new jugs I thought, "perhaps they won't have that annoying little tab." Wrong! Not only are the new jugs awkward, but they still have a tab! Granted, this tab is easier to remove, but how many layers of protection do I need to go through before I can pour some milk?
If you know this answer to this puzzle, please let me know. Are they friendlier on the environment (I am glad that they no longer have to package them in cardboard)? Do they keep the milk fresher longer? Does it stay colder? Do they want to aggravate me on purpose? I love you, Costco! We spend bucket loads of money at your store! I just need to know that this added annoyance has a higher purpose. And if not, change back!
In order to be fair, here is what Costco has to say (along with my comments):
- New Tilt & Pour Jugs - Yes, they are new!
- Easy to pour - just tilt without lifting jug off counter - NOT easy
- Stays fresh longer - inner foil seal locks in freshness and taste - possible, but no notable difference
- Easy to store - new shape fits better in your refrigerator - similar enough not to make a big difference
- Reduces waste - Recyclable jug eliminates corrugated shipper boxes - I agree