Thursday, August 21, 2008

One Down, Two to Go

Today was Haven's first day of preschool for the year. Initially she was really excited to go back to school. In fact, she's been asking about when she could go back all summer long. But lately she's taken on the big girls' negative school attitude. I think that she started thinking that it's not cool to like school. So she would say things like, "School's dumb," or, "school is too long." We chatted last night and I told her that school is cool and it's her sisters who are dumb. (Okay, I didn't really say that they are dumb.) She woke up this morning eager to go and she had a great time. She will be going three days per week this year instead of two. The teachers all remarked on how much she had grown. And she has. Although I still had to pin her new shorts in the back so they wouldn't fall down. (Why doesn't everyone do those little adjustable waist things? Those are great!) I was shocked that Haven chose shorts to wear on the first day and not a dress. It was a first day of school miracle!

Haven posing in our usual "first day of school" picture spot.


And another.


On her way into Miss Marsha's Mini School.


She was slightly irritated that I made her turn around for a picture.

And while I'm on the subject of the Havester, how about a little Haven randomness:


I don't know.

The Barbie throne that Haven built.

Another Haven creation.

All gussied up.

Just cute.

11 comments:

Jessica said...

How can you stand to look at someone so painfully gorgeous everyday?

I love her outfit. It's not a dress, but it's very girly with the green and pink plaid.

Remember when we are going to Disneyland together? I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Natalie said...

She is so stinking cute. I am loving her little poses. Speaking of poses, you should dedicate a post to Savannah with some of her posing pictures. Those are classic.

Linda said...

She is so darn cute! I'm surprised she didn't want to wear a dress too! Love the pictures! Yes, let's see some of Savannah's poses, they are classic!

Diane said...

What a adorable girl! I could probably never get mad at someone that cute...ok, I remember saying that about my boys and ...well..

What a fun time is preschool

Chris and Karen said...

Will has been talking about going to school since Jan. Hopefully he will continue to be excited once he actually starts. I am really suprised that she wore shorts instead of a dress/skirt. So your telling me there is hope that Annmarie might go back to shorts some day. Yeah!!!!

Aivaz Family said...

She is fantastic. Love her barbie houses and hats and shoes.

Becky said...

Would you mind sharing some of your family's hair curliness with my family?

Britain said...

I love her pictures. She is such a pretty little girl. We love Marsha's Mini School. Have a great year, Haven!

grandma kopp said...

What a cute little great granddaughter. I love her so. She is growing up just too fast. Slow her down will you?
Love to all.

Missy said...

co cute!!!! I'm amazed at the poses these little ladies pull off! (Megan, Addi and Haven) Such Divas!!!

Wendy said...

She is so cute!! I bet she loves school.