Friday, September 26, 2008

A Haven Conversation

After picking Haven up from preschool today, we had a little chat about cities and states and countries. (Haven said that her country is Las Vegas.) After I had very kindly and patiently explained the concept of where she lives (and accurately, I might add), I had the following conversation with the little Havester:

Haven: Mom?

Jenn: Yes, Haven.

H: Dad is smarter than you.

J: Oh, really?

H: Yes.

J: Why is he smarter?

H: Dad knows everything.

J: Everything?

H: Yes. Everything.

J: And I don't?

H: No. You know a couple of things, but dad knows everything.

12 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, Jenn. You need to set her straight!

Linda said...

How cute! I have to tell Haven that even though she thinks her dad knows more than you, she must remember that YOU (her mom) is always right!

She is a sweety! Love you all!

Wendy said...

You need to send her to play with Margot for a few days, she'll straighten her out. Or, better yet, show her your word challenge score!!

Jaime Stephens said...

haha thats cute

Natalie said...

She is so stinking cute. She will figure the truth one day. Eric probably promised her a surprise if she'd say that.

Kristen said...

Very funny! My kids all think they are smarter than I am, but they never believe anything Chris says. Probably because he always makes stuff up.

Hacking it up said...

Can I have her?...she is so cute!! I'll be a good mom to her!!....except, I don't know everything either...

vinyl dreams said...

That's hilarious. My kids say things like that to me, too.

Mel said...

That is so funny. I love the picture too- what a cutie.

Aivaz Family said...

Thats freaking awesome.

Sarah Goodsell said...

That is so funny! She'll learn the truth soon!

Lydia said...

My son told me this same thing a few months ago. He acutally said I didn't know anything, and Jeff knew everything because he was a doctor and I was nothing. Yeah, that went over really well. Kids.

P.S. Your kids are so cute!