Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Visitors!

In an effort to post something during the actual time frame in which it took place, I go back only two weeks ago to when my dad and Maren came for a visit. We had a really fun time. My dad hadn’t visited for quite a while, and we always love to see him and Maren. Now, the girls (girls = Savannah, Sage, and Maren) always make grandiose plans when Maren is in town, but this trip turned out to be the exception. Not that they didn’t want to do anything, but Maren had recently been ill and we kept things a little low-key (I was also not feeling great and discouraged anything too taxing).

Things we did do: went to the mall--of course; gave my dad his much desired taste of mediocrity at Sweet Tomatoes (once was enough for him but Haven keeps asking to go back to "that place where you don't have to order food because you can just go get whatever you want); went to our favorite shopping area--Town Square; ate some yummy food at California Pizza Kitchen; the big girls, Natalie, and MRK when to Monster Mayhem at Haunted Village; we had pizza and steak sandwiches at Sunset Pizzeria; Eric ditched us for most of the day on Saturday for a work enforced golf tournament (Eric is not a huge golf fan but had one of the best games of his life--people were asking for his advice and stuff!); and we probably ate a few more things.




Haven climbing the rock wall.


Ryder enjoying one of his favorite pastimes.


Maren


Grandpa with Ryder (he pretty much followed my dad around all weekend long)

I pretty much stunk in the picture taking department. Lame. I even took the camera almost everywhere we went but forgot to take it out. I could have taken pictures of the following: Natalie's nearly physical confrontation with an extremely rude waitress; the four little kids going completely wacko at the Town Square park (believe it or not, it was terribly stressful for three adults to keep track of four small children--but they had an amazing time); Sage refusing to enter the creepy clown portion of the Haunted Village; the misdirection we received trying to find the Haunted Village (this included several people--who did not speak English--holding signs with arrows pointing in what turned out to be a circle instead of the Haunted Village ("Yes. Creepy that way."); and much much more.

All in all a great weekend even though I don't have the pictures to prove it and several of us weren't feeling well. We can't wait until they come again!

9 comments:

Linda said...

I'm glad you all had a good time!

Tammy said...

Jen you crack me up! I love reading you blog b/c it makes me laugh and I wish you did have a pic of Natalie and the waitress!

Sarah Goodsell said...

Soory that was me my mother in law was signed in!

Brooke said...

Sounds like so much fun!! I love the pics that you DID take. Good job on 4 pics Jenn. Hope your camera survived.

All I can say is... You. Me. Town Square. Now.

Jaime Stephens said...

How fun, if thats a low key visit with you all I want to come visit please :-) I can't believe how big Maren is wow, cute pictures

Natalie said...

It was a lot of fun to have them here. Thanks for putting up with me and my kids at your house practically 24/7 while they were here. I think we were all too stunned at how rude that waitress lady was to remember to take pictures. The pictures you did take are adorable.

Lydia said...

Hopefully Natalie put that rude waitress in her place :-) Sounds like a great visit! My mouth watered when I read California Pizza Kitchen. I wish they had those out here!

Maren said...

haha wow good times...

Tami said...

Is the rock wall in your back yard? What an awesome idea!