Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Haven Conversation

Haven and I spend a lot of time in the car together driving the big sisters around. One of our big days is Monday evening. We drop Savannah off at cello lessons, have 15 minutes to get Sage to violin lessons, turn around and pick Savannah up, and then drive another 15 minutes to pick up Sage. Not to mention the final trip back home. A lot of times the two little people will fall asleep and I will listen to an audio book (if a big girl is in the car she is usually grimacing). If one or both little people are awake, we go the music route.

Yesterday it was music. I was belting out Natalie Merchant's song, "Wonder." I LOVE to sing and think that there was some serious oversight when I was not at all blessed with even the minutest ability to sing. The song was nearing the end when...

Haven: Mom? Were you singing?

(I actually gave myself a mental pat on the back thinking that I was singing well enough that she couldn't differentiate my voice from Natalie's.)

Me: Yes. I was.

Haven: I thought so. I was going to ask you to please not do that. It's giving me a headache.

Politely slammed by my four year old. And for the record, headache or no I kept on singing.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Oh my goodness! She is funny and you have a beautiful voice! Thanks for making me smile and laugh today!

easleyfamily said...

I appriciate the laugh too! What a cutie! :)

Kristen said...

So funny! It made me laugh out loud. I love the picture to go along with the story. At least she was polite, my kids just tell me to stop (then I just sing louder).

Natalie said...

Hahahah! She is so funny. My kids constantly tell me to stop singing. As soon as I start to sing I can expect a tiny hand to slap over my mouth.

Diane said...

I love this. What a crack up! My boys love when I dance and sing at the same time. I tell them that my body just can't help it when the music starts...they don't believe me at all. babies!
Haven would be fun to have around!

Wendy said...

hee, hee. She is so cute!