Sunday, November 9, 2008

We AreTired, But We Just Can't Leave - Disneyland Day 3

On day 3 we awoke to rain. And not just a little rain. It was pouring down. After eating breakfast and packing the car, I checked out of Candy Cane Inn and also bought two umbrellas they had for sale at the front desk. Eric was pretty skeptical about how much fun we could have in a downpour, but I was determined to go for a little while. We headed for Disneyland first. After we'd been there for a little over an hour, the rain quit. The rest of the day was very nice. It was great to have Savannah with us (even if she was unused to going at the little people's pace). We basically started in Tomorrow Land and worked our way around the park going on those attractions we either hadn't been on yet, or wanted to ride again.


Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was one of Haven's favorites (go figure). So we rode that one again (this time both Eric and I noticed that the part where you drive through hell was considerably hotter--I wonder if it's because we were there on Sunday).


The Carousel--again.


Haven was beside herself with excitement about the Winnie the Pooh ride. I'm not sure why. Perhaps because she hadn't been on it before and was positive that any ride sponsored by Pooh would be fun. It turns out she did enjoy it.


We don't typically spend a lot of time waiting in line for pictures with characters, but the line was short for Pooh (Eyore and Tigger were there when we entered the line, but took off before we got there). We're not sure why Ryder kicked Winnie the Pooh. Maybe he was just trying to see if he was real. Or maybe he was just testing out his new shoes. Pooh didn't seem to mind too much.


Ryder was loving Winnie the Pooh. He ended up picking a stuffed Pooh bear as his little souvenir. He loves it. But come to think of it, he kicks and throws it around too.


Back at California Adventure we went on the Monsters Inc. ride and Haven did a little posing. We also--finally--went on Tower of Terror. That is definitely one of my favorites.


Our plan was to leave around 2 or 3 in the afternoon. We just couldn't drag ourselves away. By 6 or so we knew we just had to get out of there. I really wanted a family picture by this giant candy corn (now that we had Savannah with us), but everyone was too tired. So I snapped a picture of some other family.


On the way home Ryder (clutching Winnie the Pooh) and Savannah conked out immediately. Haven, still flying high from her Disneyland experience, cheerfully watched the Tinkerbell movie. Sage, I think, was a little less excited about the movie choice.

Other Tidbits:

- Ryder rode on the Matterhorn and loved it. (Haven rode it on our last trip and had no desire to see the abominable snowman again.)

- Haven wanted to go in several stores in the hopes that I would break down and buy her something else. I didn't.

- While we went on the Winnie the Pooh ride Savannah rode Splash Mountain as a single rider. She was with a group that had never ridden Splash Mountain before. When the picture snapped they were all screaming and Savannah was yawning in the very back seat. They bought the picture.

- On our way out of Disneyland we were just in time for the parade. I was really happy about that because we had missed it every other time and it was something Haven wanted badly to see.

We had such a fun time. It was great to spend time together as a family having fun. We are rarely this spontaneous when it comes to trips and I doubt that we will make a habit of it. But I don't at all regret the good times we had and agree with Haven that "Disneyland is (one of) the best places to be."

5 comments:

Sarah Goodsell said...

Sorry is it ok that I think it's really funny that Ryder kicked pooh because it is! That's my favorite part of you Disney land experience or the fact that you took a picture of another family I can't decide. Very jealous I LOVE disneyland and want to take Jaxson so bad. Glad you had fun!

Karalee said...

Jenn now I am dying to go to Disneyland! I am glad you had a good time. The picture of the other family was my favorite. You are hilarious!

Linda said...

I love all the pictures (the one with Ryder kicking "Pooh" is pretty funny though!) Glad you had a great time. Take me next time!

Anonymous said...

So glad you could go and have a great time. You remind me I haven't taken my kids yet and need too.

~Jennifer in Idaho

Diane said...

Jenn,

Fun fun stuff. I love the Disney experience and how fun to take the small frys there.