Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow...

Talk about excitement. We are all quite giddy here as we continue to watch the snowfall. It's amazing how happy this little bit (or a lot, for us) of snow affects us here. Since the snow began (and I abandoned the chore of decluttering the little people's bedroom) we played outside, drank hot chocolate and picked the big girls and their friends up from school. All of the kids are incredibly excited. It's fun to watch.


The first picture was taken more than two hours ago. The second and third were taken approximately one and then one and a half hours ago. And it has continued to snow steadily since then (I'm predicting a follow-up post).


While I was rounding up coats and boots, etc., Haven was instructing Ryder how to catch snowflakes in your mouth. It was really cute. Afterward she ran up to me and said, "Mom! I teached Ryder something!" And you can see that she did.


Half of the snowstorm fun is the hot chocolate afterward. Yum!!

7 comments:

Linda said...

Man, I can't believe it is snowing there and you actually love it! I've had enough snow already and we've just had one snow storm! Have fun in it! (Cause when you get up here, it will be colder than .....)

Love you guys!

Linda said...

Cute pictures! I'm glad Have "teached" Ryder something!

Chris and Karen said...

We just came in from playing in it. so much fun

Wendy said...

Wow! Maybe that is where our snow that we are supposed to be getting went! They closed down school today based on the faulty forecast!

Jaime Stephens said...

thats awesome glad you guys can enjoy the snwow

Jana said...

I love the way took time lapse pictures! You are so smart!

by the way, I got my problem fixed, it was something on my internet history...jon reset everyting (something they suggest only doing if the system is inopperable) and it works like a charm! Thanks for your input!

Becky said...

You are such a good Mom. Hot chocolate after the snow. I'm going to start calling you June!