Friday, January 2, 2009

One Christmas Party and a Request

Upon arriving in Utah the Saturday following Christmas we were already late for our first gathering. We drove straight to Laser Assault in Provo where the Elison clan was meeting for a game of laser tag. Ryder, Haven and I dropped off the big people and headed to my mom's house to drop off our luggage. I guess I should mention the slight breakdown I had when I thought that Eric didn't pack our Christmas presents. I could only see the three largest packages in the back of the van and thought that he had left the bag full of presents for people at home. I admit that I sort of lost it. I think I had a literal panic attack. I was so upset. But I just couldn't imagine that Eric would have left them and started racking my brain about where they could be. It finally dawned on me (unfortunately after I was reduced to a blubbering mess). He put them in the stow-and-go. Whew! I was so relieved. I then gathered Haven and Ryder together (they were less than ready to get back in the car) and went to the grocery store to buy our measley contribution to the Elison family party dinner: pineapple and mandarin oranges for Hawaiian Haystacks. Yum!

When we got to Kip and Diana's house, Gracie and Lily had crazily styled their hair and were being funny. I told them I would have to take a picture of them and Lily said, "put us on your blog!" So, here you go girls!

More party goers.

I didn't take a whole lot of pictures. I think everyone is tired of me walking around with a camera all the time.

We had a really fun night. It's always great to see everyone. Add in great food and it's even better! We are so happy when the Elison family waits for us to get here before they have the party.

3 comments:

Linda said...

It is pretty funny now about you freaking out over Eric not bringing the presents(at the time, it was pretty scary!) I'm glad you got here safe and sound and so sad to see you leave!

Love ya

Natalie said...

That panic attack was pretty intense. I'm just sad you figured it out before you went ballistic on Eric. That would have been fun. I love all the pictures. I still need to get copies. Love you guys. COME HOME!!!

Bateman Family said...

I'm sure everyone is very glad you take lots of pictures. Someone has to do it.

Glad to know I'm not the only one having panick attacks these days.