Sunday, January 4, 2009

You Can't Judge a Book...

Your Heart Belongs to Me Your Heart Belongs to Me by Dean Koontz


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
I saw this book out of the corner of my eye at Costco. My first thought was that Mary Higgins Clark has a new book out. And then I saw Dean Koontz's name at the top. I admit that I found the title and cover far from what I expect a Koontz book to look like, and that it intrigued me.

I began the book on December 29 and it only kept me awake through the first few chapters. I feared that it might be a Koontz dud. I picked it up again in the evening of December 30 and couldn't put it down. I read until 4:30 in the morning. It was very good and suspenseful in unimagined ways. More than just suspenseful, it gave me a non-stop anxious feeling. I genuinely could not see what was going to happen. And I believe that this is the second Koontz book that has made me cry.

Most books that I love contain character who are lovable. Or, if not lovable, then at least likable or identifiable. Ryan Perry is no exception.
I'm still a little at odds with the Mary Higgins Clark look and title, but I guess it's a perfect example of that well known cliche.


View all my reviews.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I really liked the book too and found that once I started I couldn't put it down! I finished the book at 2:00 this morning! I couldn't believe that you wouldn't tell me what was going to happen next when I asked you!

Hacking it up said...

I guess I'm going to have to read these Koontz books. Lance loves them and has many of them, so , I guess I'd better get started! :)

Looks like you guys had some FUN times over the holidays!!! And SNOW?!?! What?!?! We even got a skiffing! I'm so behind on my blogging...and everything else...I wonder if I'll ever catch up!!