Monday, March 2, 2009

Erik James Wilson


It's difficult to know what to write after two years. Very difficult. I don't want to relive that day. Not in my mind. And not in words. But I do want to say that I will never forget Erik. I think of him every day. His life and his death have impacted my life in ways that I don't always think are necessary. But despite the pain, I am so grateful for the privilege of having been--and still being--his sister. I still don't understand. And it continues to be bewildering, in a way, to have life go on.

Let me just say, Erik, that we all love you and we always have. Thank you for being a part of our family and our lives. We'll see you again.

11 comments:

Linda said...

I love you Jenn, thank you for your beautiful post of Erik.

Love,

Mom

Brooke said...

Oh sweet Jenn, you are such a good sister! And such a good friend. Love you.

Diane said...

What a nice picture of your handsome brother. I love the honesty in your writing.

Becky said...

I really can't believe it has been two years. I'm glad you keep him alive in your posts.

Becky said...

Oh, and he sure looks like Natalie in that picture.

vinyl dreams said...

Jen - this is so sweet. I lost my brother 8 months ago & it was a shock. Still is. I'm just so thankful to know I'll be able to see him again as I'm sure you are!

Sarah Goodsell said...

You are such a sweet sister, I'm sorry that you and your family have to deal with this. I hope you have a good week I'm sure it's rough.

easleyfamily said...

Hopefully we'll all understand one day why things happen the way they do. Erik was lucky to have you as a sister and to be born into the family he was. We miss him too and you are all in our thoughts and prayers.

Sage said...

I miss him so much and will always remember how funny he was and how I always though, 'I don't think I can ever be that funny.'
Erik, we all love you and miss you very much. I think about you all the time and we will see you again.

angela said...

Jenn, I can't believe it has been two years either. Life is so confusing and challenging at times. It is hard to figure out why things happen the way they do. You keep doing all you can do...go on with life the best you can and keep his memories alive in your heart.

Anonymous said...

Those were such sweet words you wrote about your brother. He was such a cute kid he was really funny and had a great smile. Thank goodness you'll be his sister forever. LOVE JOICE