Thursday, August 20, 2009

Post #200!!

Can you believe it? This is my 200th post. And for your reading pleasure, I am going to list 200 things that you probably don't know about me!

1. If you don't already know this, I will now inform you that I would never subject you or me to 200 things about me. I probably wouldn't even tell you two. Mainly because that would be terribly boring (I'm getting sleepy just thinking about it).

Actually, in honor of the fact that I can think of 200 things I would rather do than go camping, I am going to post about our most recent family camping trip to Mt. Charleston.


We arrived as it was getting dark and pulled into the last available camping spot!

We quickly set up and got the fire going (and by "we" I mean Eric)

We roasted hot dogs (except our resident hot dog hater, Sage, who made a grilled cheese) followed by the traditional s'mores

Ryder enjoys his breakfast the next morning

Ryder drove us bonkers taking sweatshirts and jackets off and on

Ryder and Haven enjoying cereal and Sunny D (thanks, Jess)

I was giving Savannah a hard time because she was scowling in every picture I took, so she finally gave me a "smile"

Ryder, of course, was obsessed with the tent and kept going in and out and zipping and unzipping

The camp hosts did not agree that air powered bb guns are not considered fire-arms and put an end to the target practice

Ryder takes off after Haven and Eric, afraid he is gong to miss something fun

Truth be told, I actually left for home around 10:00 that morning. I was invited to celebrate Natalie's birthday with a massage/pedicure and dinner that night and felt obligated to go. (Hmmm...more camping or a pedicure? Pedicure!)

It was fun to have Jessica with us, and everyone admitted that the fun even increased when MRK, Bentley and Tanner arrived

Can you tell by Haven's hair that I wasn't there?

Sage

Bentley is so cute playing frisbee with Ryder

Haven gets in on the fun

This is actually a posed picture. Haven asked Eric to take a picture of her as if she had to use the bathroom. I think she pulled if off.

Haven, Ryder, Tanner and Bentley

By all accounts, everyone had a good time. I even had more fun than I expected. My kids are lucky to have at least one parent willing to sleep on the ground surrounded by dirt and bugs.

6 comments:

Karen said...

I love Haven's hair. You guys look like you had a blast. MAkes me want to head up there just to wear "cold" clothes

Linda said...

What fun! I love the pictures especially the ones of Savannah and her "smiles" Ryder even has a couple like Savannahs! Fun post!

Linda said...

Oops...Ryder doesn't have any "smile" pictures like Savannah! Sorry. I love the one where Haven is posing her "need to go to the potty". So funny!

Hacking it up said...

Hooray for camping!!! Jenn, I m SURE you would enjoy camping more if you did it the way we do...in a 32' trailer with it's own bathroom and shower....still roughing it builds character :)

Natalie said...

I was actually looking forward to reading your list of 200 things we probably don't know about you. Please work on that. I'm glad you guys had a good time camping. Next time I am so there. Very cute pictures.

Michelle Schafer said...

Savanah is my favorite kid EVER! Great pictures!