Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Catching Fire

Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2) Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I love this series. How am I going to wait for the next one? My admiration for Katniss grew in this novel. She is very complex and her character rings true. I couldn't put this book down.

At one sad point in the book I began crying. Ryder (my 3-year old) said, "Mom, why you cryning?" I replied, "This book is sad." He looked at me for a moment and appeared to be thinking and then said, "Then read a different book." He sounds just like his dad.

View all my reviews >>

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I read that book last week. Although the games are kind of disturbing to me I do like the story. I like that Katniss is realizing that she is a leader at heart. I really want her to end up with Peeta, he takes such good care of her. Maybe the next book will develope Gale's carachter so I will like him better, but for now Peeta has my vote.

Hacking it up said...

I'm so mad I read this book so fast...now I have to wait a year to find out what happens!!! What am I supposed to do until then? What about Peeta? What about Gale? I can't stand it!!! love this trilogy!

Linda said...

I loved this book! Just wish I didn't have to wait a year to read the next one! I love Peeta!