Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Delightful Read

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This is a delightful book. It is funny and sweet and very serious without being cheesy. Besides being informative about the occupation of Guernsey during World War II, the depictions of Guernsey's inhabitants rings true. I loved the letter format. I have found this format annoying in some books, but not so with this one. This is really a book that anyone can read and learn from, as well as enjoy. The characters are marvelous and well-rounded. The ending is predictable, but the journey is lovely.

View all my reviews >>

1 comment:

Linda said...

I want to read it! I have so many books to read...it's overwhelming to me!