Wednesday, January 13, 2010

That's Right, I Know the Author

Flowering in the Desert Flowering in the Desert by Angie Welsh


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
It isn't because I know the author that I give this book a glowing review. From the beginning I felt transported back to my own childhood and marveled at the authenticity of main character Mandy's experiences and teenage feelings. I especially appreciated the truthful depictions of growing up as a Mormon in a Utah town. And before you assume that this novel is for Mormon readers only, it definitely is not. While Mandy's faith does play a significant roll in her life and her decisions as a teenager, she is a typical young woman trying to make her way through life via high school. And don't let the cover fool you, the time frame is actually the past couple of decades.

Well done, Angie! I look forward to more from you.

View all my reviews >>

3 comments:

Rich said...

Nice post.Thanks


SEO Services Company India

gemini said...

nice to remember the past with objectivity and appreciation. beautiful thougths.

Linda said...

I'll put this book on my list! Thanks for the review Jenn.