Saturday, January 30, 2010

Is it Too Late?

I am going to assume, mainly because I don't know or care to know the hard and fast rules of New Year's Resolutions, that it is acceptable to publicly announce a few of my own resolutions on January 30th. It is a fact that there are a few that I haven't begun yet and that there may be one or two that I've already blown. But I do take them seriously as a chance to better myself and allow myself to blog at this late date about one or two in the spirit of tradition (this is, I think, year three).

1. My original idea for this resolution was to read at least 50 quality books this year--not including fluff. But what is fluff, really? And it is a fact that I need some less demanding books between the more cerebral. So I have modified my resolution to include basically any 50 books. I feel that this resolution is ambitious enough while still being something I can reasonably accomplish. To date I have completed seven books (not including the one I quit half way through). I am trying to get as far ahead as I can to allow for those books that may take longer or for when Glee starts up again.

2. I am going to run a five mile race. (Run, walk, crawl...whatever.) Eric is running in the Canyonlands half-marathon in Moab this March and agreed to run the five miler. Despite my secret wishes that our names would not be chosen in the race lottery, we were selected. I guess we'll see how it goes.

3. I am going to start blogging a little more. ("A little more than never," you say?) I have recently realized how often I refer to it for information--recipes, dates, events. So I am going to try harder. I obviously haven't been committed to this one yet.

Good luck to those of you out there who are setting goals. Does it really matter what day of the year it is?

4 comments:

Aivaz Family said...

I love it Jenn. All great goals. I want to want to run, but I just can't. Maybe I will walk one. Also, I want to know what your quality book list is. Please share.

Linda said...

Way to go Jenn! You can set "goals" anytime of the year! Do any of your books include church books? Just curious (but none of my business!) I haven't done great on any of my goals (one being not eating everything within my sight or within hand reach!) but I'll keep trying. I hope to see at least a post every 2 weeks! I'll do the same if you will! I think you and I are the only ones that read each others blogs! Love you!

Jenifer Pullman said...

I'm here reading the blog and let me just say this; "church books. ugh." Sorry Linda. Just not my season, maybe. Hey! I am up to 3 PAINFUL miles. Once a week. I hate everyminute of it. So, you were going to check into one of those services that print your blog into a book. Did you ever do that? Ok. I'll try and blog more too.

gemini said...

I love Gone with the Wind...great read too and a real classic. Am crazy with classics.....have to buy some more.