Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mom's Day


I just want to say Happy Mother's Day to all the moms in my life. Especially my very own mother. She is THE BEST and I love her more than I can say. She has always been there for me and I can never thank her enough for that.


There are also lots of other moms in my life who I appreciate: Eric's mom Barbara, my grandma Kopp, my sister Natalie and all of my sisters-in-law, cousins and friends who are such amazing examples to me.

I am also thankful to be a mom. My kids definitely got the raw end of the deal, but they are the major source of happiness in my life. (They also make me the most crazy--but that is a post for another day.)

I recently asked Ryder and Haven the following question: "If I were not your mom, who would you want to be your mom instead?" Ryder seriously considered the question and after many contemplative seconds answered, "No one." He got lots of hugs and kisses for that answer. Later when I asked Haven she answered--with zero hesitation--almost as if she had thought of this many times, "Bella's mom." (That is you, Angie.) Hmmmm. I am not dumb enough to ask the big girls. My ego can only take so many hits.

5 comments:

Aivaz Family said...

That's awesome. The other day Katelyn told me that she used to live with Heavenly Father but picked me to be her mom and her other mom is in jail. Kids are weird.

Linda said...

Thank you Jenn! You are a wonderful mother and I know your children wouldn't want anyone but you! You are the best. I love you! So happy to be your Mother!

Brooke said...

Cute post mama. You are awesome and your kids are lucky to have you!! You are a great mom and a great example to the rest of us!!

(P.S. Ryder then told me later that he really wants me to be his mom, but didn't want to hurt your feelings. That's what he means with all the silence and crusties he gives me when I say hi to him.)

Sage said...

um, ryder's fro in that picture is pretty awesome.
-savannah

easleyfamily said...

You do have a great mama! I love her too! :)