Monday, October 4, 2010

Another Good One

Something MissingSomething Missing by Matthew Dicks

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Martin is a professional thief. But he only takes things from his "clients" that they will never miss: some laundry detergent here, a can of tomato soup there, and the occasional diamond earring. The first third of the book is on its way to tedious as Martin's meticulously thorough thievery is explained in detail. He covers every track and keeps records of his every move (even if they are recorded on a computer hard drive that is hidden where no one would ever find it). It is almost exhausting to what lengths he goes to in order to avoid detection. Several times I wanted to shout, "Get a job! It would be easier than this!" But as the plot finally begins to take shape, Martin, against every rule in his detailed rule-book, becomes involved in more than one "client's" life and his own life changes forever.

Martin is very likable, if aggravating. I was rooting for him. I loved the ending.

**Audio Review: The narrator was excellent and I enjoyed listening to him.


View all my reviews

2 comments:

Linda said...

I will have to read this one! Thanks for the review.

Diane said...

Reading this now. I love your review of books. Keep them coming.