Monday, February 21, 2011

The Major

Major Pettigrew's Last StandMajor Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is an excellent book. I love (and love to hate) most of the characters. They are so well-rounded and believable. I find it interesting that one or two chapters into the book I was sure what the Major's "last stand" would be. And I was wrong. So many different topics are explored in this book, yet it is completely cohesive.

I love the Major, even though he upset me several times. He has a very dry sense of humor that makes him adorable. Now that the book is over, I miss the people and their little piece of the English countryside. The book has actually changed the way I view some things. This is Simonson's first novel, but I hope to see many more.



View all my reviews

No comments: