Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Matched

Matched (Matched, #1)Matched by Ally Condie

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I've been looking forward to reading this book since it came out and I finally had the chance. I am glad I did. As recent YA books go, this isn't completely original. It is part Hunger Games, part Brave New World, part The Giver, and part 1984. But the characters, while not completely fresh, are worth getting to know.

The Society in which Cassia lives appears to be very simple. And the writing in the early chapters seems very minimalistic, which fits well with Cassia's narrow view of things. But as the book progresses and Cassia's life becomes more complicated, the writing seems to evolve.

I am looking forward to the next book in the series and hope that it is more original than the first.



View all my reviews

No comments: