Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pink Carnation

The Secret History of the Pink Carnation (Pink Carnation, #1)The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Every once in a while I read a book and wonder how in the world I hadn't heard of it before now (thank you, Becky!). The Pink Carnation is great fun and full of suspense (not to mention a few, um, racy scenes--wow!). It reminds me a bit of the book Juliet by Anne Fortier with its story within a story. But this one is so much better. It is what Juliet should have been.

The characters and plot are so satisfying. I am ready to move on to book two. Now.

**Audio Review: Kate Reading very capably narrates. She gets a definite thumbs up from me.



View all my reviews

3 comments:

Staci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Staci said...

Pink Carnation is my favorite of the series. I love the two story lines and that at least one of them has a HEA...

Linda said...

I want to read this book! Thanks for the review Jenn!