Monday, March 7, 2011

Another Flower Book

The Masque of the Black Tulip (Pink Carnation, #2)The Masque of the Black Tulip by Lauren Willig

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I didn't like this as well as the first, but it is a pretty solid second in a series. The central characters from The Pink Carnation shift to the background as others take center stage. That fact didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. There are situations where, based on the first book, I thought I knew where they would go. And I was wrong. That is not to say that there isn't any predictability, but this was a pretty original story. The story-within-a-story is the main focus, but Eloise Kelly--researcher of all things Pink Carnation related--and her story inch along. I am not sure if an entire week has passed in the real world. But it is interesting enough and I like Eloise.

I might take a slight break from this series, but I have every intention of returning. I love that there are several more out there that I really don't have to wait to read.

**Audio Review: I enjoyed Kate Reading's narration in the first book that I decided to continue with the audio.



View all my reviews

No comments: