Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I'm Sorry Natalie, Another Book Review

Firefly LaneFirefly Lane by Kristin Hannah

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I had a sense of impending doom as I read this book. And as much as I enjoyed reading what was happening in the moment, there was so much apprehension as I progressed through it (rather quickly, I might add). I also can't say that I was completely surprised with the outcome, although there were a few slight surprises. But the way the novel is written makes, what might have been formulaic in another author's hand, something very beautiful and touching in a completely non-cheesy way.

I don't know anyone exactly like Tully, and I think she is an extreme most of the time. But her character is consistent--even as she changes and grows. Kate is a little easier to relate to. They both annoyed and angered me at times, but I envy their relationship and will miss them now that the book is over. I have a feeling, however, that this is not a book that I will forget any time soon.


View all my reviews

6 comments:

Staci said...

I can't remember - Did you ready Winter Garden?

Also very memorable.

Jenn E said...

Staci--I own Winter Garden, but I haven't read it. It is at the top of my list!

Diane said...

Keep posting Book Reviews. I get some of my best reads of your suggestions. You are like my private little "good reads". Just read "The House on Mango Street" super quick read and fun.

Linda said...

I loved this book! And the first one in the series. I can't wait for the 3rd book to come out....I'll be buying it straight away!

Liz Shields said...

We read this for book club- I liked it except a little language- but most of my group thought it was too predictable- a little Beaches.

Linda said...

I don't know why I said I loved this book....I'm just reading it now! Oops! (but so far so good!)